June 23, 2010

other people's lunchbreaks

today i spent a good few hours at the police station for my residency permit. a guy from my employing company (doesnt speak english) took me and a colleague there, my employer had done the paperwork and so i was there basically just to show my face and let the guy handle everything. there was some small issue but i should get my permit in a few days. i will have to (naturally) go back to the station, to personally pick it up...oh the joy of queuing.... there is a queu number system and today the queue didnt move for half an hour because all the staff behind the counters wanted to go eat at the same time. this is turkey...

anyway i then went to pick up Tiitta and Marja from the airport bus stop. we gotr first soaked in heavy rain and then it was shining again. i brought them home and had to leave to work almost immediately. luckily i wont have work until next monday again. my throat is sore though, i hope i dont get a flu. i immediately got medicine recommendations from the doctor and picked some Katarin up from the pharmacy. it certainly helps a bit.

now ill enjoy a cider (the girls brought me 4!) and try to go to bed early...

No comments: