March 10, 2024

labyrinth of my past

i got called to jury duty. technically, i received a letter. ive always thought "well that could be interesting!" but now that i realise the reality of it, less so. i have no idea how long i'll be off work and how to plan for that AND i'll lose MONEY... so im less pleased. they reimburse up to 65gbp per day which really wont cover my losses... anyway, its happening. i hope it will be interesting AND short.

i have my birthday in a couple days. ive been thinking of myself as a 44 yr old for like a month already so wont really feel different. not sure why i took a headstart. just realised maybe i should get a birthday present for myself? i have everything though. maybe some

my trip to finland was slightly different from the usual. i spent the first week with Raissa & Aleks, being a "tourist guide" and a bit of a tourist myself - visited helsinki cathedral for the first time, among other things. learned new stuff like how old is helsinki, lol. the night train to rovaniemi was nice (and day train back to helsinki even more so) and there, we enjoyed plenty of sauna, incl snow sauna at the ice hotel, and santa claus village etc. in helsinki i spent less time than usual so didnt get to meet all my friends but i will return soon enough, so..

ice hotel restaurant


a sexy "igloo" room at the ice hotel - all the rooms have different designs
brunch in rovaniemi

night train (12h)

 day train (8.5h) - above the restaurant car, perfect view and spot to work.

 

Oodi library - loved the design and atmosphere.

Kiila restaurant staircase

my chill sunday. listening to Leonard Cohen and looking at the rain outside. its hard to focus on one thing so i spread my reading time over 3 diff books. read the first 30 pages of a finnish book (on the history of beauty ideals and who's defined them) that Eufemia gifted to me - spot on in my alley. i keep reading bits of The Authority Gap again and again. and then im slowly pushing through What We Owe Each Other: A New Social Contract cos its a bit heavy.

 cute new-ish bar in helsinki, Struts, with a nice queer vibe.

womens day was this friday - i received flowers from work. despite some heartbreaking setbacks here and there, overall it gets better being a woman year by year on this planet.


what else happened past few weeks... i kept raving about Poor Things to everyone, ate salmon almost daily, am planning a house party and started taking on new responsibilities at work (project coordination related).

songs im loving lately (spotify links)
Lykke Li: Gunshot
Kristin Amparo: I've Seen The Devil
Les Deux Love Orchestra: The Moth & The Flame

found this holiday snap from my phone and went "f*** thats hot". i feel lucky. 


No comments: