January 06, 2013

scent of gardenia


its been a relaxing weekend. i did go out, but since im not drinking now, i didnt stay quite as long...a soda in my hand does not keep me partying all night i guess. not that i need to party all night. to think of it, i cant remember the last time i did. when Ako & Eero were here, we stayed out until 1am one night in Taksim, after enjoying some pretty tasty wines. thats about it.

on Saturday in the bar i explained friends and acquintances the finnish concept of "tipaton tammikuu" ("dropless january"), how its supposedly a nice way to detox after possibly having a few too many drinks in december. studies now say that this break might not be useful for the liver at all, but i'd see it also as a mental thing, evaluating your alcohol usage and starting the new year focused on other things than drinking. my friends found the idea confusing and asked questions like "is weed not allowed either???" i wasnt sure, i had to think of it. in finland weed is not as popular as in turkey i think so this is not something people come across. i think the concept only covers alcohol since smokers keep smoking etc. i have also tried to make a few healthier choices in food this week, maybe i can try keep it up all year. i still want my share of popcorn, ice cream and pasta but maybe i can aim for a balance.

my disastrous haircut 3 weeks ago is still bothering me. its not ugly, its just not the way i want it. from the back its good, but too short in the front.
my wash & go style captured with my new cam; 





















on friday i met Elin & Linn for lunch in Erenköy. we are all freelancers now, so we can meet up anytime :)  after tasty lunch and coffee i headed to Body Shop across the street cos they seemed to have a sale. and i found a shower gel and body butter to pamper myself with. 


















i only woke up today at 1pm, thats about 11h of sleep. why oh why...  i did get up when doctor came home from shift a couple hours earlier, i need to get up to open the door for him cos i lock it from the inside, i should have not gone back to bed i guess. because now i feel like i cant get anything done...  blog is something though, i count it as something. its productive, its good for me, i believe. but anything else. i should perhaps: read, study some turkish which i havent done for days...  and eventually maybe go out for grocery shopping. i might as well go out now and get popcorn or something, just for the fresh air?

---

i went out and returned with an energy drink and walnuts. omega-3 oil! the grocery store guy whom i dont recognize looked at me funny. i wonder if he is staring at me when he has a smoke outside the shop, there is a clear visual of me by my computer if i dont have the curtains in front. in the day i dont like to block MY view and the light, so i keep them usually open. i know the other grocery store fella knows where i live cos he told me so, he mightve told his buddy too.

i was looking at my twitter and in the sidebar it suggests me to follow Paris Hilton, cos some of my friends follow her. im just wondering...  i looked at Paris's stream open to finding something i didnt expect. but it was as expected.


No comments: