i would like to go straight to the issues, as is most comfortable for myself:
- poor phone signal inside the flat
- livingroom slow to heat, heating not particularly effective there, not surprising at all
- bathroom has zero hooks to hang anything, and no smooth tiles to attach suction cupped hooks on - thanks interior designer or whoever didnt think this through
- doors are 5cm thick, so no door hanger fits
- despite thick doors, sound insulation is very poor, we can hear neighbors as well as anything happening in the other rooms quite well. well, this is the 2nd least surprising minus out of all.
- kitchen is huge but the actual worktop area small, so i had to buy a separate kitchen island - and im not even an avid cook. still plenty of useless floor space to waste.
- bathroom fan goes on with the light. i understand its purprose but i hate it.
- the windows have blinds and nothing to hang real curtains on. i am a curtain person so blinds are very...meh.
moving day, last friday!
loving the dishes! Iittala 24h that my mom got me like 10 yrs ago.
view of kitchen coming from bedroom.
Vax vacuum cleaner. doctor was skeptical if i could pick a nice one, he was voting for a Dyson originally but we agreed that the price category those are in is just ridiculous. esp since we're not such eager cleaners. i did a lot of reading on vacuum cleaners and ended up with this one.
first meal in new home:
i AM loving my new work/computer station. and the amount of light coming in!!! :D and importantly, its not super cold, im quite comfortable. occasionally people and trains pass by....me happy.
so i had planned this Aalto vase for tealights but it is perhaps better with one larger candle in the middle.
the microwave looks a bit plastic-y, but its good.
new rugs came today;
a colorful one for doctor.
...and these colorful ones for kitchen.
i finally got my iphone battery replaced (at Lovefone). the situation was so painful with the phone i was almost ready to buy a new one... but instead i got the battery replaced, my employer will cover that, and it seems to have worked aaaand i am very happy!! now its just the normal...old phone weak battery, but thats fine.
reading deportation stories is depressing
Benjamin Clementine: London (<- -="" link="" p="" spotify="">spotify link)