May 17, 2021

fresh air does me some good

the terraces and outdoor seating opening did miracles for me. sitting out, eating food while watching people and the sun shining... made me euphoric. going to my favorite bookshop where the cat was laying on the counter and they were playing CCR. magical. we have enjoyed some meals out with doctor and ive also had brunches and dinners with friends here and there. Avner, Elmor, jessica, Samantha, Evelina & Mikko...   althought its been a bloody cold spring so sometimes i was eating and shivering simultaneously. we even had an anniversary dinner at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants and it happened to be a cold evening.


i love the street libraries...


i got my vaccine on April 22nd. and yesterday was my first headache free day. soooo...thats 3 weeks of headache, not 24/7 but especially in the beginnning like most of the day. also weird dizziness and brain fog on/off to a point were i couldnt work, and that just really ruined me. i hate to take time off sick. not that i enjoy laying on the sofa under a blanket with my frontal lobe crushing me on a day off either, but lagging behind on my work was just the icing on the cake. plus, because i got the AZ, the GP sent me twice to tests to make sure i dont have the blood clot. even though i knew dont (after the tests), it was just still quite stressful to have the head hurting. i dont usually have any headaches and find them scary. and this one did not obey painkillers very well either. my mental health just suffered. had UK followed the original vaccination schedule, my second dose wouldve been this week... lol. i cant really see myself getting another shot while i was still trying to survive the first one! even thinking of it 8-9 weeks from now makes me uneasy. i know its unlikely to have bad side effects twice, but its also unlikely to get a 3 week headache - yet here i am.i should just focus on how grateful i am to feel normal again now, i have new found appreciation for people who suffer from migraines...  

to celebrate a non-aching head i started a new puzzle yesterday. easy feel good stuff. i love Heye's puzzles.


another blow was UK's travel green list being so short. green list being countries from where u can return from without a quarantine. the country opens for travel tomorrow and theres practically just one or two countries where u could head for a warm holiday, but both would require a visa from doctor (which there was no time for).  Portugal and Israel. the others are either closed (NZ, Australia...) or just... (Faroe Island, South Georgia and the Sandwich Islands...) ... and unsurprisingly, turkey ended up on the red list cos the situation is so bad. sooo we will go do some more british sightseeing in the near future. and when we have more holiday in july, i pray we are luckier. i really need to get out a little bit. also i want to go to finland. i am so hopeful that finland will be added on the green list, i already bought flights for june. Finnair allows changing the dates up to 3 days before, so i will just move them forward if not. i cant really quarantine at home for 10 days in the SUMMER. and they check on you occasionally too. i dont want a 1000GBP fine. so i wont go until i can avoid a quarantine. but i REALLY want to go. i want to see my friends, my aunt, my coworkers... i want to go to the office.

No comments: