September 22, 2024

reading device

as soon i was maybe past halfway in Art Thief (i was busy working on puzzles and audiobooks the past weekend...) i started with Amia Srinivasan's The Right To Sex, which is a feminist essay collection on consent and related subjects. Audible is not suitable for me due to this habit of listening to several books at once and draging them out forever sometimes. and also sometimes i prefer to read, depends on the type of book. I wish Bookbeat was bigger in UK, now im settling for the finnish one.

chatGPT has become a bigger part of my life. aside from testing genAI solutions at work, i am actively using it in my daily life, finally. i find i like it especially for when i need "collected & combined" information, like "what are the most common forms of vitamin C used in cosmetics and which of those have the most scientific evidence in being beneficial and please provide sources as links." the other week when Ada visited me and i cooked, i asked chatGPT for recipe ideas based on i already had, and then after choosing from the suggested ingredients i had it tell me how to prepare it. the end results was not particularly gourmet but i will take the blame for that. i also asked chatGPT what are good free options to Evernote that can be used over 2 devices. and then after choosing Notion, how to import my Evernote content over to Notion. saved me a lot of time. i am working on coming up with new uses, but i feel a it like a boomer, im not the most inventive as im stuck in my old ways of doing things. and im worried i might use it wrong and it'll make my brain lazy. or lazier than it already is.

i have bought a couple of new perfumes this year. i like nice scents. now i am working hard on remembering to use them. i try to make it a part of my morning & going out routine. i got a couple of Maison Margiela Replica's and D&G's L'Imperatrice.

i bought my first ipad. or any tablet for that matter. its pink. not the latest model (10th gen 2022), as  my plan is to just use it for reading and maybe making some notes. it was still pricey so now i really hope i will actually follow through with my plan on reading etc. i set the screen to almost B&W to try and make it more book like, in my mind. also cos in the bed in the evening the bright colours (despite the warm tone i had already turned on for night time) would maybe stimulate me too much. the nearly colourless screen looks suitably boring. anyway, yet another thing to charge. life is all about charging devices these days. instead of taking the goats to the field and milking cows, our lives are about getting our devices charged...


i think ive shed my summer tan finally and the sunny days in finland and here have not changed the course and im looking wonderfully pale now, like i could almost be diagnosed as anemic. or maybe thats just my fantasy. ironically(pun), i defo dont have anemia despite eating vegetarian/pescatarian. lucky with genes i think. 

Arttu was here for a week. a very good week, i might add. we had dinner at Brat, a michelin star restaurant, but one of the more affordable ones. i knew he'd appreciate the quality and i am stingy with restaurants so it was a good comporomise. the size of this starter/side bread though OMG. and it was so good. i love carbs.

Aleks and Raissa came over for dinner last night. i went with pasta, again. thats one of the few things i know how to make. i tried fresh pasta for the first time ever. it worked out ok. i mixed spaghetti with pesto sauce and roasted veggies. 

No comments: